Friday, February 12, 2010

Flashback Friday - The Love Of My Life

vdayfinal

This Flashback Friday is a little different for me this week. I know we are supposed to do pictures of ourselves, but in a sense it is because my husband is the love of my life, and takes up a HUGE part of my heart.

It was Valentines Day 2002 when Kevin asked me to marry him. I was sick as a dog, but he knelt down in front of me and asked me anyways... I was thrilled. I know it must have been a hard thing for him to do (as it is for lots of men) and I appreciated it a lot. We ended up getting married in September of 2004...and we haven't looked back since. I can honestly say that after 5 years of marriage I love Kevin just as much today (if not more) then I did 8 years ago when we first got engaged.

Kevin is my friend, husband, father and the most special adult person to me in my life.

Kevinandvanessa-best

I love you Kevin... may we have many many more years together again!

If you have a Flashback Friday or would like to see more, visit Christopher and Tia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet and what a beautiful picture. You are very fortunate to find someone so special. :)

Tina

Devon said...

What a beautiful post!

Enjoy your Valentine's Day! :)

(disorder) said...

I just looked for the *like* button. Damn facebook addiction.

Unknown said...

AWWWW! Love it! And your photos are so gorgeous!!

April said...

Soooooo sweet!!!

Alyssa S. said...

What a beautiful pic. Funny story...even though I got the engagement ring, my hubby never really proposed. He handed me the ring and said "I guess you'd want this". We laugh about it...but all these years later I think he feels bad he didn't propose the "right way". Men...gotta love em!

Tia Colleen said...

Awwww, you two love each other, and its the sweetest kind of love. Its rare that I hear a girl talk about her boy the way you do. Its very refreshing.