Saturday, December 19, 2009

Flashback Friday - Party like its 1999!


1999.2


I was dreamin'when I wrote this
Forgive me if it goes astray
But when I woke up this mornin'
Coulda sworn it was judgment day
The sky was all purple,
there were people runnin' everywhere
Tryin' to run from the destruction,

U know I didn't even care


say say two thousand zero zero party over,
oops out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999


With next week being New Years... I decided a flashback of New Years 1999 would be appropriate. The top picture was taken in Montreal on December 30th 1999... the night before the big party. We decided to go to Montreal for New Years 1999... it was a blast. I can't remember the details of the bar this was taken at or the one we spent New Years at... in fact, I can't remember much of those 4 days... it was pretty much a blur. There was 7 of us that decided to go down to Montreal with a school trip from the College I was going to. We headed down on a bus early in the morning on December 29th and came back on the evening of the first. I remember all the hype about Y2K... were all the computers in the world going to fail? Would we still be here in the morning? Was there going to be Armageddon? All the excitement and unknowing was a little "over done" but did make the night truly fun and exciting.

1999.1

This last photo was taken at midnight 1999 while Princes 1999 was playing... a total night of partying and fun... a night to let go and enjoy... for who knows... it might be our last :) You can see a little arrow pointing to me in the picture.

If you have a Flashback Friday that you would like to share or you'd like to see others... visit Christopher And Tia's blog and post your link.

0 comments: